Sunday, July 26, 2009

Childhood

Today, 26th of July which means its 25th of July in America which means it is exactly a month after MJ's untimely death. And to tell u guys the truth, I still can't get over it. I dunno why. It was so sudden and saddening.

Finally today, I get to watch THS: Michael Jackson on E! I've been looking forward to watch it ever since I arrived home. It was a 1 hour and 45 minutes show. It shows what Michael went through during his short life on earth. Through thick and thin and how he tried so hard to keep himself from falling apart during his trials in life.

Right after that, I read the newspaper and came across two headlines that caught my attention. First, "Yasmin Ahmd dies" and the second one is "Give your child their childhood".

About the first headline, I'm sure all Malaysians are aware of that and sad to say it is a big loss for the nation. I'm sad to say.

As for the second headline, it is about Michael obviously. It was an article written by a man from a university if I'm not mistaken. In his article, the writer wrote a phrase from one of MJ's song titled "Childhood". This song obviously showed how Michael felt about his childhood and what he was trying to tell the world. The pain he went through during his childhood years. Where his childhood was robbed when he was force to be an adult at a very young age. I would like to share the lyrics here.


Have you seen my Childhood?
I'm searching for the world that I come from
'Cause I've been looking around
In the lost and found of my heart...
No one understands me
They view it as such strange eccentricities...
'Cause I keep kidding around
Like a child, but pardon me...

People say I'm not okay
'Cause I love such elementary things...
It's been my fate to compensate,
for the Childhood
I've never known...

Have you seen my Childhood?
I'm searching for that wonder in my youth
Like pirates in adventurous dreams,
Of conquest and kings on the throne...

Before you judge me, try hard to love me,
Look within your heart then ask,
Have you seen my Childhood?

People say I'm strange that way
'Cause I love such elementary things,
It's been my fate to compensate,
for the Childhood I've never known...

Have you seen my Childhood?
I'm searching for that wonder in my youth
Like fantastical stories to share
The dreams I would dare, watch me fly...

Before you judge me, try hard to love me.
The painful youth I've had

Have you seen my Childhood..



No comments:

Post a Comment